Monday, March 23, 2009

Reading Rainbow

Inspired by supremely overly intelligent parents, Joey and I are bookworms. We have decided to do a themed reading list as we travel. (Ok...I may be unfairly pinning that on Joseph - I'm a nerd, I did this instead of homework last week) This also translates into over half our luggage being books we shed along the way... If you wish to read along:

ireland/london - the house of splendid isolation by o'brien

morrocco/brussels - points in time by bowles

egypt - the plague by camus, the cairo trilogy by mahfouz

jordan/israel/palestine - edges: o israel o palestine by skolkin-smith

turkey - the black book by pamuk


for fun/all the time - another roadside attraction by robbins, slouching towards bethlehem by diddion

3 comments:

  1. i kind of believe that i should join the book club. maybe i will try and read those books as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, for Morocco you should read The Sand Child by Tahar Ben Jelloun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just caught up on Omid's blog. You're next, baby. I wish I'd started sooner so I could join the book club with you!

    ReplyDelete